→ 19 Aug 11 at 10 am
I’m tired and my throat hurts. For lunch I had a Flu-Buster Orange Creamsicle Smoothie. Lightly adapted from Oh She Glows. It hit the spot. It was so creamy and delicious. One of the most unique smoothies I’ve ever had.
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1/2 small avocado, flesh scooped out, and frozen
- 1 orange, peeled and broken into segments
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (from carton)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 Medjool date, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Directions: Peel and freeze the avocado, orange, and banana before making this smoothie. Once frozen, place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. You may add more liquid if it is too thick. Makes 2 cups.